A Dental Office needs to be aware of what needs to be done each day, no matter what.
Setting daily goals is so important. Without Daily Goals the Front Office will become lost, fall apart, and a place of great stress.
I am going to focus on Phone Activities for each day, of course!
Calls coming in and calls going out of the Dental Office need to be happening each day.
Setting a goal number to reach for each of these calls is a fabulous way to stay on track.
I have previously stressed the importance of measuring numbers when it comes to phone calls coming into the Dental Office but what is equally important are the calls going out.
The Calls made can be set as a daily goal.
Always Include the following calls:
1. TLC Calls to see how the patients are after Treatment
2. Follow Up Patients who for a good reason did not make an appointment after their last appointment.
3. Follow up if a Patient had an emergency and cancelled. Always aim to try and make another appointment at the time of cancellation but we know it may not always be possible.
4. Follow up the Phone Enquiry who didn’t make an appointment on the initial first call where you set it up to call after an arranged period of time on the contact number they gave you!
5. Keeping in touch for a Special reason….special events etc.
If there is a decrease in the number of calls coming in then a plan of action is discussed at a Team Meeting.
If there is a decrease in the number of calls going out then this too needs to be discussed and a plan put into action.
Remember the calls going out are equally as important as the calls coming in.
If your Dental Office is only *taking* calls you are missing out on a lot of Appointments being made!
This blog will feature simple practical ideas that are easy to implement tomorrow in your Dental Office, impacting immediately on your Patients’ Dental Phone Experiences, and ultimately, improving your practice profitability.
At present I have availability for two new private clients. For more information on how I can improve your Dental Office’s Phone Numbers contact me, Jayne Bandy at jayne@theDPE.com